Key Job Responsibilities:
- Create and conceptualize fashion designs by hand or using computer-aided design;
- Conceptualise & design seasonal/festive collections;
- Able to align our designs to meet the demands of our target customers/market group;
- Keep up-to-date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes;
- Manage the design process from conception through to final styling;
- Source, analyse and select fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments;
- Adapt existing designs for mass production;
- Check and ensure the finishing quality and fitting measurements for all new samples are according to the spec before proceeding for mass productions.
- This job requires close liaison and communication with suppliers/business partners in China.
- Diploma/Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent
- Possess in-depth knowledge and at least 2 years of practical experience in fashion design
- Enthusiastic, creative, decisive with good judgement and strong analytical skills
- Have an eye for colours, textures and patterns
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast pace environment